The Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Program participates in various local, state, and federal committees, conferences, and forums, bringing a local perspective on watershed and fisheries issues. The following is a partial list of agencies and organizations with which 5C collaborates.
5C Member Counties & Council- Quick Links
5C Partners - Organizations
5C Partners - Agencies
5C Partners - Consultants
Salmonid Information including the Endangered Species Act
- California Coho Recovery
- California Coho Recovery Teams
- California Endangered Species Act Information (CESA & CEQA)
- California Salmon Restoration Program, California Conservation Corps and Department of Fish and Game
- Coho Salmon: A Species Profile
- Federal Endangered Species Act of 1973
- Federal Endangered Species Act (Full Legal Text)
- Fisheries Resources Developed by CA Department of Fish & Wildlife. All about fish found in California, including salmon and steelhead.
- Fish Xing Software, Developed by the US Forest Service and Humboldt State University, FishXing is intended to assist engineers, hydrologists, and fish biologists in the design and evaluation of culverts for fish passage.
- The 4(d) Rule: A Summary
- NOAA SONCCC ( Southern Oregon/Northern California Coast Coho ESU) 5C Program area information
- Pacific Salmon and the Endangered Species Act, NOAA Fisheries
- Salmon in northern California - A wealth of information on salmon, watersheds, and the water cycle provided by the Americorps Watershed Stewards Project - a local organization. This kid friendly site features fun videos, footage of local salmon, and games.
- Salmon Cam - live streaming video of a salmon stream courtesy of USFS
- Salmon Identification, Information, Terminology & Fish Facts, Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Salmon Identification, Marine Phase by Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, PDF format
- Trout & Salmon Identification Guide by Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife, PDF format
- Salmon Information Center. A Tri-County Endangered Species Act Response in Washington that includes many local tribes, cities, businesses and environmental organizations and strives towards salmon recovery work in central Puget Sound.
- Southern Oregon/Northern California Coho Evolutionarily Significant Unit
- The Status of Coho Salmon & Steelhead in California & Oregon
- Permitting & Regulatory Resources
Other Relevant Wildlife Information
- Beaver Solutions – education on beaver management
- Pacific Lamprey: Developed by the US Fish & Wildlife Service. A comprehensive offering of general information, best management practices, etc